YES WE CANneloni! 😍 -
Lovely leftovers from yesterdays dinner. Canneloni with ricotta cheese and spinach, topped with tomato sauce and cheese🧀🍅
Super easy to make, even when you have a lot of guests.
Oh and you can get rid of your veggie leftovers in the sauce or stuffing! -
By the way: its a good thing leftover wine doesn't excist 😉🍷
This week's roommate Mediterranean spread: Eggplant canneloni, stuffed with a 'creamy' mint-cashew filling, baked on a zucchini & mushroom tomato sauce and wholemeal spaghetti. Served with a kale, asparagus, roasted beetroot, sweet potato, pumpkin, baby spinach & rocket salad (+ your choice of condiments; I opted for hemp seeds & chilli infused olive oil) 👌
In support of the AMSA (Australian Medical Student's Association; @amsamentalhealth) #activ8 campaign, here's how food contributes to my mental health:
1. Cooking reduces stress, and is a great outlet of creation and new ideas 🔪
2. Seeing others enjoy my meals, and be happy/grateful for it, brings me happiness and pleasure 🤗
3. Consistently eating a whole food plant based diet has tremendous effects on gut health, systemic inflammation, and brain (dys)function 👾
4. Clean eating = more energy = more exercise = better sleep = improved self-confidence & social skills = better mental health! 😄
5. Improving the diet and lifestyle of others, by being the change I want to see, will hopefully cause those individuals to suffer from less chronic disease, and live a healthier life themselves, which is pretty meaningful in my books.